eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Blogs > eHorseracing Blog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

UPDATE : Still running some large, nasty queries..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.30
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPDATE : Still running some large, nasty queries..
    Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:11pm
..but it looks like they're working.. just time consuming. :) I'm hoping to have these things finished overnight.  If so, we are in the home stretch!

I'm smart enough not to flip this thing over while I'm exhausted / asleep...   So my plan is to go to bed early and (hopefully) get up early.  If all the queries continue to perform as expected, I'll start physically moving PC's early in the morning and POSSIBLY (maybe likely.. but NO PROMISES!!!) have the new version up by tomorrow evening.  Remember.. this is 10+ years in the making so I am in no hurry..  it is always better the be safe than sorry....

I have a lot of ground to cover before then anyway.. I have no official docs yet, but will be adding the race-point docs soon (so you guys know what to expect pointwise week one).   I have some some conversion issue "rectifications" I haven't addressed yet, but I'll get those up tomorrow as well.

Thank you guys for your patience and understanding during this transition.  I am extremely excited about this, as it will allow me to take control of the sim in ways that have never before been possible.   I realize there are a few details that we'll need to iron out over the next month or so, but the new backside layout will make those details relatively trivial, and make future additions MUCH (no exaggerating.. in most cases at least 5x) easier.

Onward and forward!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply