eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Tools Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Unity web player -- LATEST !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naskippy View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 20.40
  Quote naskippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unity web player -- LATEST !!!
    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 8:00am
I am still able to watch the 3D races and will share how I do it and you can experiment and see if it will work for you.

A couple of years back when we first started having issues with this I downloaded a copy of the Safari Browser version 5.1.7 I think it is. I installed but it was not without issues.

I load Safari and login to my account and then go to the Recent Results page. I hoover over the 3D icon and select, Open In New Tab. The race then loads fine for me and I can watch it. I just checked it out this morning and it is still working.

If you fail to use the Open In New Tab many time Safari will lock up or log you out and you have to start all over again. This is the only way I have found that you can use the Unity Viewer and still watch 3D races.

Good Luck
jubalrutledge View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 10.40
  Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 3:21pm
I know what you are saying Pogook again this is the same thing I want through but I didnt wipe my windows 10. did you try googling unity webplayer 2.5 (the old version) thats what I did and im still using that. I went month and it didnt work and one time I reset my router and it worked for a couple weeks then it was gone again. then the malwere clearer reset or delete something that was causing unity not to conect and it worked for the last couple months, I think it is someting or some kind of program that stops Unity from conecting and I think it may be in crome but im not sure. I still have crome but it doesnt run very fast since I ran malwerebytes so I dont use it. try the webplayer 2.5, as I said it didnt work for months for me and I was losing my enjoyment in the game then one day I tried it and it worked ...wish I could tell you what I did but I did so many different things, It is in your computer as mine and others work. If you do try webplayer 2.5 make sure you delete all other unity out of PC

Edited by jubalrutledge - 15 Oct 2019 at 3:26pm
☠️Yo Ho Yo Ho A pirates life for me ☠️
Cap'n Jubal ☠️ 1-G1,4-G2,7-G3 <
pogook View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 8.80
  Quote pogook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:40am
Thats it I give up. I have to admit defeat, 4 days i've been at it trying to get this damn viewer to run. Tried a fresh install of windows, wiping my hard drive and everything else I can think of. Scoured online and tried various attempts at a fix still the same error. This is seriously going to effect my enjoyment of the sim. It is going to be difficult putting up with the grind with the reward something akin to watching the original football manager on the ZX Spectrum in 1981.

I thought i had cracked it when i found this https://yareel.com/blog/solving-the-problem-with-updating-unity-player/ and  followed it to the letter but it didnt make any difference.

Edited by pogook - 15 Oct 2019 at 5:42am
pogook View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Quote pogook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:23am
Wont do any harm to give it a try. I will download it now. Thanks for the advice.

Update: I downloaded malwarebytes and ran it. It found a few threats and i deleted them from my system, restarted my pc but i'm still getting the same error on unity. Hopefully my new Windows disc comes today then im going to wipe my hard drive, put on a fresh install of windows and hopefully that fixes whatever is wrong. If not then im at a loss.

Edited by pogook - 12 Oct 2019 at 3:11am
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 1:52am
I had the very same prob. and for months I deleted and downloaded i know now it was from some program my son downloaded but I couldnt get it to work again then I was reading and tried Malwerebytes they had a cleaning prog I still use today and it was free I ran it and boom Unity worked again and when someting happens I run it and it works again they had a few prog. the one I used was adwcleaner
pogook View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Quote pogook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 11:48pm
I dont think it is a browser issue as im getting exactly the same error using Pale Moon browser.(Where untiy doesnt load at all, comes up error and when i click on error detail it says A newer version of Unity Web Player is required but failed to download. This is despite me using the same unity download on this thread that worked for me before).

The sick thing is when i first upgraded to windows 10 it worked for a couple of hours until my problems kicked in. I installed a program called Winaerotweaker because i wanted an aero theme then unity would only open in a small window and i couldnt click on my own horse or go full screen. After a few hours of restoring windows i discovered it was that program causing the issue so i left it out, but then unity wouldnt work at all, no matter how many times i uninstalled and reinstalled unity/safari so i tried rolling back to windows 7, more in hope and desperation than anything else but it didnt solve the the unity issue.

My new Windows 10 disc should arrive by post later today, and I can only use it with a fresh install so thats my next move. Fingers crossed thats solves my issue. I know its not a windows 10 issue as i had it working for a couple of hours, and its not a browser issue but its defo something on my end. I cant for the life of me work out what or why though.

Edited by pogook - 11 Oct 2019 at 11:54pm
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by pogook

I cant get unity to work again after upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 10. Have done everything i can think of , uninstalling and reinstalling both unity and safari, restoring my pc half a dozen times and eventually rolling back to windows 7. i have deleted unity and downloaded it again from the links in this thread and now all im getting is error with the message a new version of unity is required but failed to download. Im at my wits end with it. Now im stuck back with windows 7 and cant upgrade again to windows 10, I have had to purchase it again on Ebay and I still have no working unity.

My last throw of the dice is going to be wipe my hard drive, a fresh install of Windows 10 and dowload safari and unity from scratch. If that doesnt work then I cant think of anything else i can do to get the race viewer to work.

Try Maxthon Browser
pogook View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Quote pogook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 10:17pm

I cant get unity to work again after upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 10. Have done everything i can think of , uninstalling and reinstalling both unity and safari, restoring my pc half a dozen times and eventually rolling back to windows 7. i have deleted unity and downloaded it again from the links in this thread and now all im getting is error with the message a new version of unity is required but failed to download. Im at my wits end with it. Now im stuck back with windows 7 and cant upgrade again to windows 10, I have had to purchase it again on Ebay and I still have no working unity.

My last throw of the dice is going to be wipe my hard drive, a fresh install of Windows 10 and dowload safari and unity from scratch. If that doesnt work then I cant think of anything else i can do to get the race viewer to work.

Edited by pogook - 11 Oct 2019 at 10:29pm
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 3:15pm
OK unity was not downloading for about 8 hours but they must have flipped the switch cause it is back and working well
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 2:31pm
LOL here we go again.....is anybody else having prob. with 3D viewer loading
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>