eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Candy Ride and others

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bizalls View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 1.90
  Quote bizalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 9:13am
I'm not holding my breath on candy ride getting an upgrade or awesome again getting that well deserved downgrade.
sabbath View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 43.70
  Quote sabbath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:57am
You have to look at other sires. It doesn't matter if you keep looking at Frankel over and over again. You don't get the big picture. Every sire (I guess with some exceptions) has warped dirt-turf statistics. Of course you can keep on looking at one sire and getting frustrated. But that isn't everything there is to see.

Here are the top american sires in the game (the first number is the sim turf-%, and the second number is the IRL turf-% - from 2016 in Bloodhorse):

Awesome Again 33-14
Bernardini 33-6
Giant's Causeway 51-37
Distorted Humor 33-28
Medaglia d'Oro 41-28
Ghostzapper 36-11
Mineshaft 47-11
Tapit 32-23
Malibu Moon 35-11
Curlin 36-9

In short: All american sire earn way more on the turf in the game than in real life. That is a fact! (In case that isn't a good sample size you are welcome to make a research of all american sires, so we get the correct facts.)

The question is not why Frankel is having dirt winners in the USA in the sim. The question is why almost all sires seem to do better in the sim for the second best surface. One answer might be that Mike has set the game to do that. Sure, that could be the case. (I don't believe Mike has an evil agenda trying to make this game differ from the real life. I'm sure he want to make this game as similar to the real world as he can.)

It could also be the case that the set up combined with sim breeders behaviour cases this. In that case we have to ask ourselves why this happen. I have over the years seen a lot of "unrealistic" breedings. That is breedings that wouldn't happen very often in real life. Mostly it's about combining dirt mares to turf sires (or the other way around). In the sim it's very easy doing that, compared to in real life. If you do that in real life you are - at least to what many breeders believe - taking a risk of getting a horse that isn't good at all. That is a risk that isn't obvious to me when it comes to the sim.

Is there any evidence for the thought that we - the sim breeders - are warping the turf-dirt statistics? It seems as if turf sires and dirt sires in general have a second best surface percentage of between 25 to 33. Mike has in the past - I don't know if there are any news about this though - said that the sire/mare can effect up to 50 per cent of the offsprings ability. It's likely that the lowest effect of the mare's side of the pedigree isn't 0 per cent. That wouldn't be in line with real life breeding knowledge. If we take Galileo for example. He would be an almost certain 100 per cent turf sire, or at least in the range from 90 to 100. If I were to breed him to 4 dirt mares I would statistically get at least one or two dirt runner, if the mare effect the offsprings ability.

I think it is really unfortunate that you keep screaming about Frankel and all the European sires that are over-rated and destroying the game. Sure, in your eyes I'm sure you believe that, but that is not the truth. The truth is there are horses sired in Europe, Oceania, Japan or where ever winning in the USA, AND there are horses sired in USA winning in Europe, Oceania, Japan and where ever, AND in the sim that happens more often than in the real world. You haven't cared to check that out. You just check the american races and start to scream about this "scandal", instead of checking all the regions in the sim.

Me to would like to have a sim that is more like the real world in the sense that horses seem to races in the region they were born. I think that is what makes horse racing extra special, because you could have a favourite horse in the US, one in Britain, one in France, one in Japan, one in Australia, one in Poland and one in every region there is. And then there are these special occasions when horses from different regions end up in the same race, like during BC, or the Arc, or in Dubai. The magic is in the air. That feeling I would like to be a part of this sim.
Multi-G1 wnrs
3: High Cozzene
2: Tete Eilert, Tete Chiron, Tete Barzio, Tete Ciryaher

Group placings: G1 (18-23-22), G2 (32-32-39), G3 (41-69-47) = more than 300
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 160.20
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 5:10pm
I have never said anything is a scandal. The SIM is run by one person, it is impossible for one person to keep up with everything. I am pointing things out and doing the research to help correct things that are not working.

1. Frankel should now be siring 40% of his GI winners on the dirt. I don't think any fair minded person would disagree with this. You list running % of your selected American sires which is apples to oranges. If you have GI data please list that. Frankel has (and will likely always have) 0 GI dirt winners (actually he has 0 GI winners on any surface) and yet in the SIM he is striking at 40%.

2. Dirt sires are under-rated. This is a fact. Candy Ride, Bodemeister etc. etc me and others have listed them numerous times are just improperly rated and not performing as they do in real life.

3. There are not enough dirt stakes. You should not have to face 14 horse fields in every dirt stakes.

These issues either will be addressed or they won't. If they are not and dirt racing continues to be broken then people will either stick with the game or they won't.
bobangod View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 0.90
  Quote bobangod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 7:16am
great...now you tell me.....just bought dialed in share.
supertaffy View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 23.60
  Quote supertaffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 1:02pm
save it for next year he may get a bit of a boost hes had some good success this year
Diabolu's Reverto - 2 Time Breeder's Bowl Turf Mile,
Pinchingdale-BB Sprint Winner
Settle for Satin G1 Sand Castle Classic Winner,
Pretty Fly G1 Glenn Handicap,
Diabolus Advocatus G1 Locksmith
duanecrisp View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 11.00
  Quote duanecrisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 2:30pm
I personally have know problem with Frankel being so successful on the dirt.  The connections of one of the tougher fillies Unbridled something or another who loved dirt was sent to him.  Top breeders with deep pockets and bloodstock agents with more knowledge about breeding then any of us are taking shots at him.  If I remember right I think at first people screamed a bit about Giant's Causeway who was highly successful on the turf and now breeds for both surfaces. 
oldmoonfarms View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 8.70
  Quote oldmoonfarms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 2:58pm
 While CANDY RIDE is getting some great ink......Does anyone have some Graded Candy Ride mares they wish to breed for me?? Ill pay credits plus the Sire fee.....Needless to say im impressed with my A SINGLE CANDY youngster who won a Stakes today.....please send me a message if you have something...Thanks

Mike @oldmoonfarms
duanecrisp View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 11.00
  Quote duanecrisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 4:23pm
Congrats on the Candy Ride success! It was about time someone got a little luck. Now hopefully I can get a few before the price goes up.
cadet View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
1000% right

MBP : 87.70
  Quote cadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:53am
Great post Jerry!

Mike has said before he is a big believer in opportunity. Why is Awesome Again out performing o. Turf in the game? Simple he has more opportunitys to run on turf in a game. Super easy to just board a simulated plane and run in Europe one week and a month later run in Australia. Extremely rare irl.... happens all the time here.

Best RL example would be Northern Dancer... easily one of the most influential turf sires EVER asa sire of sires... He was a Canadian bred Kentucky Derby winner who was a tried and true dirt horse.

How on earth did he sire Sandler Wells? ... opportunity. Sadler Wells was given an opportunity on turf as did his offspring.

The rest is what the say is history.
Enjoys Saratoga in August
bizalls View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 1.90
  Quote bizalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:11am
Last year this dude was ranting about sea the stars, this year it's frankel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>