eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Floridians.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
loophole View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 9.70
  Quote loophole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floridians.....
    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 4:33pm
Very rarely do I like posting anything ‘political’ but what may happen in Florida on 6th November is far far too important to ignore . This is a heartfelt plea to all Florida players to please, please consider voting ‘NO’ on Amendment 13. Because if it passes the dangerous Animal Rights people behind it will come for our racehorses next. Thankyou for any support on behalf of all my friends both canine and human.
irisharse View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 37.20
  Quote irisharse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 6:03pm
i agree.... no on 13
irish
aguadeep6 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.10
  Quote aguadeep6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:25pm
please vote no I am personally invested ,they have told some horrendous lies and they will go after horse racing they way it is written leaves anything involving animals can fall under the law it should never been put on ballot no matter if you disagree with greyhound racing ,it will harm all us who love racing please vote no thanks from all us involved one way or another in greyhound racing
lightng99 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 5.00
  Quote lightng99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:27pm
I posted under wrong stable sorry about that
home of DARK MANDU 2016 hall of fame, 2015 HORSE OF THE YEAR ,2 time winner of the spring cup, Dark Indian G1 winner on turf and dirt,Ion my way 2017 bb juvy champ
lightng99 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Quote lightng99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 7:29pm
thanks for the post so far we think we may pull it off but looks close to not pass high hopes it dosent
home of DARK MANDU 2016 hall of fame, 2015 HORSE OF THE YEAR ,2 time winner of the spring cup, Dark Indian G1 winner on turf and dirt,Ion my way 2017 bb juvy champ
spinround View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 44.50
  Quote spinround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 1:57pm
I volunteer with an adoption group here in CT. We are one of over 100 greyhound adoption groups who have publicly condemned the yes on 13 movement. We receive greyhounds from Florida - they are an incredibly popular breed to adopt out and demand is high for them. Greyhounds are adopted out at an over 95% rate (the rest go on to stud careers). None of the hounds we have received have been abused. None of them are anything but friendly, happy pups who have been well treated.

I would also note that Amendment 13 has no provisions for what will happen to the dogs if racing is abolished. Currently greyhounds are placed with adoption groups across the USA and in Canada as they slowly retire. If 5-8,000 dogs are displaced at once there is no way to move them to adoption groups immediately. All retired greyhounds are adopted out after a spay/neuter and teeth cleaning. A lot of that vet work is done in Florida before the dogs are shipped. There's no where near enough vets to do that amount of work in a short period of time (and some groups cannot accept dogs that are not vetted). There is no requirement that the tracks keep the kennel compounds open to house the dogs as they are processed and moved and there is NO money put aside to feed dogs waiting to be moved into adoption programs if the kennels were to remain open.

The current system set up for retiring greyhounds works. Greyhound racing is safe for the dogs, they are well treated and they enjoy it. A yes on 13 puts thousands of dogs in jeopardy.

Edited by spinround - 04 Nov 2018 at 1:57pm
lightng99 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Quote lightng99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:53pm
I know some of you who play this game are against it but what you don't know is the florida law is written to also end the same sport we all love it dosnt just end dog racing they have already stated if it passes horse racing and sport fishing are next on the agenda . sad day for a lot of folks who now have to find a new way of life 3,000 dogs will be retired and not one dime to help care for them till they find a home be come from HSUS OR ANY OF THE ONES WHO OPPOSE IT PETA WANTS THEM ALL KILLED SO WHO REALLY WON HERE
lightng99 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Quote lightng99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:31am
lightng99 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Quote lightng99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:35am
saying sorry to past champs I trained ,JOE DUMP,DOWNING,MITY JOESPH,ELLERA S,PESTERED ,MASKED HOUND,P.V.'S HACK
flagdown View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 48.30
  Quote flagdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 1:49pm
Disappointing result to say the least.

Let's see how much Grey 2K steps up now that they achieved the results they wanted.Unfortunately I think I know the answer.

Edited by flagdown - 07 Nov 2018 at 1:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>