eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > New Players Help Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Trying game again - not sure how to "restart"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
monk81art View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 0.80
  Quote monk81art Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying game again - not sure how to "restart"
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:04am
Hi,
I began playing this game years ago, but got quickly frustrated by my lack of knowledge in the sport and some of the mechanics of the game, I tried to stick it out and learn but I got busy with life and forgot about my stable. I recently started logging back in to see if I could give the game another go. Problem is my stable now has 3 horses that are all 9 years old that really shouldn't be racing. I entered a few races and they got absolutely destroyed.

My problem is, how do I sort of wipe the slate clean and start over. My stable has no money and honestly I don't know how to turn that around when I have no assets to sell in the stable.

I want to get back into the game, but it feels like the only way to do that is to scrap this username and create a new one to get a new start. But I am also stubborn in that I want to fix what I started and get it turned around. I just don't want to spend the next 12 months with 3 crappy horses that accomplish nothing where I will find myself in the same boat I am today.

If someone could just throw out a few points on what would be the best course of action, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
3away View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 23.60
  Quote 3away Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 5:46am
What’s your stable name ?

I can breed u a few mediocre horses and send them over . Run the crap out of them in claiming races and keep using the breeding cards u get to breed more and keep doing that for awhile
G1 2-3-0 / G2 2-0-1 / G3 8-0-2
ric480 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 4.90
  Quote ric480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:02am
Scrapping the old name and starting anew has many advantages over trying to resurrect an essentially dead stable. Allocation of sim $ and BP's to get started,  plus the claiming advantage new stables are given.  
G3 winner Lemons Again
monk81art View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Quote monk81art Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:09pm
I appreciate the offer on the horses, but I joined a residency and they bombarded me with a ton of new horses so I should be all set. :)

I also decided to keep my original stable, as I wanted to keep my name and I felt bad for the neglected horses. I'll give them some hay (after 5 years without...) and let them retire to a life of giving rides at kid birthday parties and church carnivals.
rharfo View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 27.90
  Quote rharfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 3:39pm
Great stuff by the URC team. Will send you a couple of 3yo's myself that you can race a bit more regularly than the 2yo's.

Hope this time around you get the sim bug full on and get the enjoyment (and frustration) the majority here do.
WHAT THE BLAZERS!!!
rharfo View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 27.90
  Quote rharfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 4:32pm
Put the 9yos in auction if you want. Post here when you do and we'll bid them up and get you some sim money to play with through those sales. Not sure how Mike taxes the auction these days, but should get you some money in the bank at least.
WHAT THE BLAZERS!!!
beisbol View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 98.50
  Quote beisbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:29pm
I like old, lightly raced horses. Feel free to auction as Rharfo said, or throw them in low claimers!
Horses who win races and stuff.
metallinut View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 8.60
  Quote metallinut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:27pm
Thank you Rharfo!!!! That was kind of you!!! Very nice breeds as well. Nice goin helping him out getting back into it again!!!Cheers
Questions about Equinics 2018? Email me at equinics@gmail.com
Home of G1 Winner with sp # for 2yo's in 2008 TALKIN' BASEBALL(KY)
rharfo1 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.60
  Quote rharfo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by metallinut

Thank you Rharfo!!!! That was kind of you!!! Very nice breeds as well. Nice goin helping him out getting back into it again!!!Cheers

No sweat Metal, good to see a group helping out a person who is keen, but just not quite getting it. The fact this player has returned for another go makes one want to help out. Good on your group for kicking it off.

My offerings were bred using accumulated cards, but both using "c"'s for the sire position and was happy with the sires selected, back ends could have been a bit better, but hope they can get some BP's.

Edited by rharfo1 - 18 Jan 2019 at 8:39pm
monk81art View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Quote monk81art Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:07am
Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate the kindness of everyone that I have encountered thus far in my reboot of this stable. :)

Unfortunately I had already auctioned them off (for $0) before seeing this post. Honestly, I am just glad to be rid of them at this point.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>