eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Phar Lap Coming to xbox PS4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
padrebri View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 10.30
  Quote padrebri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:53pm
Just a couple things....

When riding in a race you can hit L2 (Playstation 4) and the camera view shows what is behind you....you can't "look around" but if you're up front and waiting for the cavalry charge it's worth using this view.

Also, after a certain prestige level (i don't remember what level it unlocked at) you have the ability to "hire a jockey" and then you can sim the race. I've only used that feature a few times but it helped get me past some tough points. It's isn't cheap to hire the top jocks
"You ever feel like the world is a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?"
robd20 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.20
  Quote robd20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 1:13pm
You can only have a max of 10 horses and sometimes the task you get is to sell a horse (this happens more than once) so even if you really like all your horses you will need to give one away. I don't like the fact that when you get a task, a lot of the game is locked and you can't do stuff until the task is completed - the trouble here is that sometimes when you finally finish a task there are 3 more tasks waiting for you so it can take a while before you get back to looking after your stable, which is really frustrating.
jwsonny View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 8.90
  Quote jwsonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:19pm
I have played the game quite a bit now and it's fun enough. Not great but definitely not terrible. Unless, of course, you are looking for a realistic, true-to-life horse racing experience. If so, then it is terrible and you should steer clear.
Sonny - MN born & raised. Skol Vikes and Wild.

"A heart-pounding, PULSATING stretchdrive. And Tiznow prevails."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123