eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Bargain Bred Racing Series, Morgan Day (14th Sept)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bargain Bred Racing Series, Morgan Day (14th Sept)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
planoaxius View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 9.30
  Quote planoaxius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bargain Bred Racing Series, Morgan Day (14th Sept)
    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:44am
Bargain Bred Racing Series - Extravaganza aka Get Well Morgan Day, September 14th

Hi guys,

you probably know about the best residency in the sim. Of course you know, it's Bargain Bred Racing Series (http://bargainbred.com).

Just for the case, you forget. It is series for relatively cheaply bred horses, scratch bred ones which were under 120 bps/crds at the time of their breeding. Some races include also the offsprings of horses which participated in the series before.

This idea was not mine. Morgan Brown also known as Knightmare - doyen of bargain breeding in sim came with it long years ago. It was in 2005 when first races of the series took place. Since that Morgan was keeping the tradition and even extending the list of races.

This spring before the season we received bad news. Morgan was in bad car accident in february, recovering after it. We don't have any update about him, only we hope he is getting better and better.

The group of players in the series is relatively small but loyal and stable. We love battles and rivalries of our cheapies. It adds new dimension to the sim - lot of funny research in looking of bargain sires. This year is missing something for us.

So, one of the loyals, Lino (lgbost) decided to arrange day of bargain racing while we are waiting for the "big boss" return. It should be magnificent! 16 stakes races, 8 races for 2yos and 16 races for bargain offsprings. And no bbrs race is private party! Everybody is welcome to participate in this "Get Well Morgan Day". So, let your Tapits, Galileos, Frankels and other boring pedigrees at home and train your overlooked for 14th of September.

The only requirement is to pass the rules (http://bargainbred.com/rules/) for bargain breds. Don't hesitate to visit our message board at http://knightmarebbrs.proboards.com/ and ask for more information. Nominations for the races are able in the same place.

We are looking forward to meet you on the track. More updates to come.

Update no. 1
Horses nominations are taken in the bbrs mainboard. If you have problems with registration to the board, you can alternatively use the tool at http://bbrs.rocks/nominations/

---

Btw. if you are already familiar with bbrs and kind of freak like myself, you can enjoy my bbrs history project (http://bbrs.rocks/), which keeps all bbrs races results since 2005. There is no "too late" to join the tradition.

Edited by planoaxius - 30 Aug 2019 at 5:47am
lgbost View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 0.50
  Quote lgbost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 7:27am
Nicely written and get well Morgan!
denovo View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 68.10
  Quote denovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 1:45pm
So sorry to hear about Morgan's accident, but glad to hear he should be recovering.
========================================================
SimDosage, Sirelists, Raceout Archive and more from my page or here
stevesutto View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 3.30
  Quote stevesutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 7:05pm
Would love to join in, how do we submit our entries? Just did one that cost 109pts
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Quote planoaxius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:10am
Hi Steve,

it's very simple. Visit the BBRS main board and find the post with the list of races for the september 14th and reply with message where you write your nominees for the races. Before the racing, you'll get passwords to enter the protected races.
valesa View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 3.70
  Quote valesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 1:59pm
Crap! I bred two using mares before reading the rules. Anyone know if we can cancel a breeding?
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Quote planoaxius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by valesa

Crap! I bred two using mares before reading the rules. Anyone know if we can cancel a breeding?

I don't think there is an option to kill what you've bred :). But I hope it won't stop you from breeding more bargains. I know about horses which have succeeded in the series though they cost minimum of 30 bps/crds. So, you don't need much to participate ;).
valesa View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 3.70
  Quote valesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 12:44pm
Can anyone approve me on the message board?
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Quote planoaxius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 4:14pm
I don't think there is approvement needed for registration. You tried to do it and got the message?
lgbost5a View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.40
  Quote lgbost5a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:50pm
BBRS EXTRAVAGANZA AKA GET WELL MORGAN

Stakes
Bargain Dash 3YO+ 6 Dirt
Sugar & Spice 3YO+F 6 Dirt
Everglades 3YO+ 7 Turf
Evergladess 3YO+F 7 Turf
Bargain Late Summer Classic 3YO+ 9 Dirt
Bargain Late Summer Distaff 3YO+F 8.5 Dirt
Bargain Princess 3YO+F 9 Turf
Ten Lost Pyramids 3YO+ 10 Turf
The Hinterland 3YO+ 14 Dirt
King's Thirteen 3YO+ 13 Turf
Bargain Turf Derby 3YO 12 Turf
Not Quite The Bronx 3YO 11 Dirt
100 Guineas Colts 3YO 8 Turf
100 Guineas Fillies 3YOF 8 Turf
The Cheap Stake Colts 3YO 8 Dirt
The Cheap Stake Fillies 3YOF 8 Dirt
Big City Mile 3YO+ 8 Dirt

Offspring Allowances
Offspring 3YO+ 8 Dirt
Offspring 3YO+ 12 Dirt
Offspring 3YO+F 8 Dirt
Offspring 3YO+F 12 Dirt
Offspring 3YO+ 8 Turf
Offspring 3YO+ 12 Turf
Offspring 3YO+F 8 Turf
Offspring 3YO+F 12 Turf

Maiden Races

MSW 2YO 6 Dirt
MSW 2YOF 6 Dirt
MSW 2YO 6 Turf
MSW 2YOF 6 Turf

MSW 2YO 8 Dirt
MSW 2YOF 8 Turf
MSW 2YO 8 Dirt
MSW 2YOF 8 Turf

MSW for Offspring 2YO 6 Dirt
MSW for Offspring 2YOF 6 Dirt
MSW for Offspring 2YO 6 Turf
MSW for Offspring 2YOF 6 Turf

MSW for Offspring 2YO 8 Dirt
MSW for Offspring 2YOF 8 Dirt
MSW for Offspring 2YO 8 Turf
MSW for Offspring 2YOF 8 Turf

Kentucky
Allowance 9.5 Dirt 6YO+
Allowance 8.5 Turf 6YO+ Mares Only

Here is what the card is looking like. Races will be held as either Kentucky or New York
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>