eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Real Horse Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Justify

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pointguard View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 2.60
  Quote pointguard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justify
    Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:10pm
Any thoughts from those in the business on The NY Times article on Justify? Seems like another potential black eye for the sport here in the US.

NYT Article

Edited by pointguard - 11 Sep 2019 at 8:20pm
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 162.70
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 8:19pm
All it tells me is the NY Times is fake news. They spent today saying 18 years ago airplanes attacked the country. They spent the last month saying everything in America is based upon slavery. They have zero credibility.
Author of The Third Bride and Bloodflowers, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies
tyedye View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
Pye Guy

MBP : 174.00
  Quote tyedye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by waremblem5

All it tells me is the NY Times is fake news. They spent today saying 18 years ago airplanes attacked the country. They spent the last month saying everything in America is based upon slavery. They have zero credibility.

Your very existence is pathetic and disgusting.
-----------------------------

Join the EWC! We give you FREE credits just for posting on our message board! http://eastwest.freehostia.com/
pointblank View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 4.00
  Quote pointblank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by tyedye

Your very existence is pathetic and disgusting.

I second that Tye!
jm23stable View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 5.30
  Quote jm23stable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by pointguard

Any thoughts from those in the business on The NY Times article on Justify? Seems like another potential black eye for the sport here in the US.

NYT Article

Years ago when I worked in the barns at Santa Anita, the trainer I worked for had one of his horses fail a drug test after winning a stakes race. CHRB had the stalls checked top to bottom, checking for anything illegal but they never found anything. After weeks it had been proven that the horse failed the drug test because he ate a few M&M's and was high on caffeine The trainer served his suspension and paid the fine but all this happened not as an intention from the trainer but because the horse got to a bag of M&M's someone left around in his stall and it was probably a hot walker. Same with Justify, they're saying Justify failed his drug test due to eating contaminated food, now why they kept it quiet all that time? With a big race on the line and the way he would win his races, perhaps CHRB wanted to get it right? Most people who don't exist in the backstretch don't realize that sometimes failed drug test happen not because the trainer is doing something illegal but from something a horse will eat without anyone's knowledge. Yes, there are trainers who do cheat, like the old saying goes, "if you're not cheating you're not trying" and I honestly believe there is someone inside of the Industry that works with PETA to break these kind of news and end horse racing. There was no need to break this story at all unless someone has an agenda against horse racing. IMO
kyogle View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 344.50
  Quote kyogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:47am

I sure hope there's more to the story than the article portrayed

But, really War, you can't just trot out Donald's worn out cliche to dismiss something you don't wan't to hear

A little relevant evidence for your side of the story would be appreciated
iant View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 123.40
  Quote iant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 3:26am
Originally posted by jm23stable

Originally posted by pointguard

NYT Article

Years ago when I worked in the barns at Santa Anita, the trainer I worked for had one of his horses fail a drug test after winning a stakes race. CHRB had the stalls checked top to bottom, checking for anything illegal but they never found anything. After weeks it had been proven that the horse failed the drug test because he ate a few M&M's and was high on caffeine The trainer served his suspension and paid the fine but all this happened not as an intention from the trainer but because the horse got to a bag of M&M's someone left around in his stall and it was probably a hot walker. Same with Justify, they're saying Justify failed his drug test due to eating contaminated food, now why they kept it quiet all that time? With a big race on the line and the way he would win his races, perhaps CHRB wanted to get it right? Most people who don't exist in the backstretch don't realize that sometimes failed drug test happen not because the trainer is doing something illegal but from something a horse will eat without anyone's knowledge. Yes, there are trainers who do cheat, like the old saying goes, "if you're not cheating you're not trying" and I honestly believe there is someone inside of the Industry that works with PETA to break these kind of news and end horse racing. There was no need to break this story at all unless someone has an agenda against horse racing. IMO

Mars bars do the same thing. That happened to a horse called No Bombs it was big news at the time see below.

I suspect the oddest one doesn't involve a human athlete at all. In 1979 a horse called No Bombs won a race at Ascot - but was disqualified when traces of stimulant showed up in a post-race test. The horse's connections were mystified - until it emerged that No Bombs had pinched and eaten a stable lad's Mars bar shortly before the race. The chocolate contained caffeine and theobromine, two mild stimulants which are banned in horse racing, and the disqualification stood.

The drug thing is not only about horse racing. Think recently Dilian White failed a drug test but it was going through process so he could fight. The reality is what the ultimate sanction is if found guilty.

There is a current thoroughbred racehorse trainer who has been banned for doping horses in another branch of equestrian sport. This is when things fall down big time.

Whichever version of events you believe from both sides of the argument the drugs were in the system. The fact is how the weed got into the food. If as the board believe it was foul play then the police should have been informed to launch an investigation. A triple crown winner is worth $50m a horse who was disqualified for drug failure is worth about 1% of the value.

The facts on offer do not read well when you consider rule changes to the Breeders Cup medication rules and why introduced. The past cases involving the trainer think 7 horse deaths in 2005 do not help anyone with a negative view see smoke.
lbailey View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 14.30
  Quote lbailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:59am
https://www.espn.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/27596093/report-justify-failed-drug-test-triple-crown

Espn has now reported the same news regarding Justify and the failed drug test
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 162.70
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by kyogle

But, really War, you can't just trot out Donald's worn out cliche to dismiss something you don't wan't to hear

I don't believe the NY Times. They distort and manipulate story after story to fit their narrative. It was correctly pointed out in this post that this is part of a larger agenda to discredit and ultimately bring down horse racing. Horse racing has been lucky thus far in that most people in America really aren't aware of it except on big race days where they see Britney Eurton on NBC and think hey this looks fun. But HBO a few months back did a terribly one-sided hit job on racing and if the radical woke left in America actually discovers that some horses break down and others go to slaughterhouses I can certainly see PETA and other organizations getting involved in a hysterical overreaction that is the norm now in 2019.

It doesn't matter what ESPN reports, they are just reporting the NY Times story. It's not like ESPN sent investigative journalists to vet the story in the last 12 hours. Nothing the NY Times prints have relevance to me as it's hopelessly biased, one-sided and in many cases, fake news.
Author of The Third Bride and Bloodflowers, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies
tyedye View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
Pye Guy

MBP : 174.00
  Quote tyedye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:44am

Originally posted by kyogle

I don't believe the NY Times. They distort and manipulate story after story to fit their narrative. It was correctly pointed out in this post that this is part of a larger agenda to discredit and ultimately bring down horse racing. Horse racing has been lucky thus far in that most people in America really aren't aware of it except on big race days where they see Britney Eurton on NBC and think hey this looks fun. But HBO a few months back did a terribly one-sided hit job on racing and if the radical woke left in America actually discovers that some horses break down and others go to slaughterhouses I can certainly see PETA and other organizations getting involved in a hysterical overreaction that is the norm now in 2019.

It doesn't matter what ESPN reports, they are just reporting the NY Times story. It's not like ESPN sent investigative journalists to vet the story in the last 12 hours. Nothing the NY Times prints have relevance to me as it's hopelessly biased, one-sided and in many cases, fake news.

Such a dumb, ignorant post.

Before you go on your "academic" rant about discrediting media, perhaps the first thing you should do is offer up a viable opinion upon the merits of the individual case, no?

Facts:
Justify Tested Positive for illegal substance
CHRB handled this case much differently than average cases.

Ok, go.
-----------------------------

Join the EWC! We give you FREE credits just for posting on our message board! http://eastwest.freehostia.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>