eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Real Horse Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Justify

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pointblank View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 4.00
  Quote pointblank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:04am
The story is posted at Fox News so that makes it true, right? Tool.
waremblem5 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 162.70
  Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:55am
I don't know what the facts are. I trust the integrity of the California Horse Racing Board and Bob Baffert. Neither of which have commented. This is a non-story and fake news having no relevance to anything. Of more interest to me is why the NY Times is spreading this disinformation. Yesterday they talked about airplanes attacking the USA. No, it was Islamic Terrorists. Why they are they bringing up CHRB decisions from years ago is beyond me. In any event, it doesn't affect me, Coolmore, Baffert, or Justify so I'm pretty much done with this fake news.
Author of The Third Bride and Bloodflowers, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies
tyedye View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
Pye Guy

MBP : 174.00
  Quote tyedye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by waremblem5

I don't know what the facts are. I trust the integrity of the California Horse Racing Board and Bob Baffert. Neither of which have commented. This is a non-story and fake news having no relevance to anything. Of more interest to me is why the NY Times is spreading this disinformation. Yesterday they talked about airplanes attacking the USA. No, it was Islamic Terrorists. Why they are they bringing up CHRB decisions from years ago is beyond me. In any event, it doesn't affect me, Coolmore, Baffert, or Justify so I'm pretty much done with this fake news.

This is why you're a complete phony.

So how is anyone here different if they blindly trust the NYT (or whatever) the way you blindly trust CHRB? Talk about garbage. It's about as comically hypocritical as you get. You couldn't grasp the concept of objectivity if oozed out of every single one of your randomly biased orifice.

You are the exact type of Trump boosting ignoramus that is wrong with America. Not the toothless racist. No. The guy who thinks he is "smart" and knows all about a variety topics. You're worse than the toothless racist though...because you JUSTIFY your beliefs on blatant, well-esteemed stereotypes. Police officer? No, he couldn't have done anything wrong. Soldier? Nah, he couldn't have raped the women in that village. Bob Baffert?! Nah, good guy, good fam. Must be some crazy weirdness.

You cover yourself in a cloak of ignorance and use long paragraphs, fancy words and worn stereotypes to present completely and utterly false logic. It's disgusting and as much as I'd like to ignore it, you and people of your ilk control so much of the power in multiple places I can't help but to ram head first into it and puke all over the place.

I would never wish for you to die. But dammit, I'd love to have lived in a dimension where you never existed in the first place.
-----------------------------

Join the EWC! We give you FREE credits just for posting on our message board! http://eastwest.freehostia.com/
canyongate View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 24.90
  Quote canyongate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:33pm
I will admit to the guilty pleasure of reading some of the battles of the message board, but please leave personal attacks out of it...they only serve injustice to any point you may try to make.

Edited by canyongate - 12 Sep 2019 at 12:34pm
"Welcome to Costco, I love you. Welcome to Costco, I love you"
jwsonny View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 10.30
  Quote jwsonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 12:43pm
First of all - can't we all get along?

Secondly I've read everything I could find to read on this story and I can tell you that I believe two things. 1) It's fair for anyone to say the original story was embellished and 2) Regardless of whether there was any wrong doing or not this should have been handled much better by the CHRB.

I think there should be a place for common sense in the racing world. Specifically when it pertains to Racing Boards' handling of certain cases. Just because something pops up in a drug test doesn't automatically mean a horse was administered the drug to purposefully or even directly. I like the M&M story posted here. I also recall an incident when a Maclean Robertson trained horse at Canterbury Park showed a very small trace of methamphetamine in a post race test. The story broke immediately and Mac had all of his employees tested. Sure enough one of the grooms tested positive for Meth and was fired immediately. The amount found in the horse's stream wasn't enough for the horse to feel any effects but the contact with the groom was enough where it showed up on the test. Using common sense the MN Racing Commission decided not to suspend a trainer who had a clean record because it was obvious there was no wrong doing to the horse. A decision that came as a surprise to me but was a breath of fresh air because generally racing boards don't allow for nuance like that.

I honestly don't know how Justify tested positive but the drug found from what I understand isn't all that likely to enhance performance compared to other drugs and almost certainly will get you caught. So it begs the question... why would Bob Baffert do something so clearly misguided? Sure it's possible he had knowledge he could get away with it. It's also equally possible that the story was sensationalized by skipping over certain details in order to sell a story that wasn't really there. Either way if the situation would have been handled similarly to the Canterbury incident - the CHRB would likely have been lauded for their decision to dismiss the test. Instead they look like they were hiding something because, well, they did. There are no winners within this story and hopefully the racing world learns from it.

Edited by jwsonny - 12 Sep 2019 at 1:03pm
Sonny - MN born & raised. Skol Vikes and Wild.

"A heart-pounding, PULSATING stretchdrive. And Tiznow prevails."
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:16pm
I generally get along with everyone but some posters in this thread quite clearly demonstrate what is wrong with the radical left in America and around the world. Instead of being able to discuss topics they insist that anyone who doesn't agree with them is a xenophobic, misogynist, racist and must be shouted down. They then resort to personal attacks. It's a playbook all too familiar in 2019. If I have been unclear let me summarize:

1. I do not accept the NY Times as a legitimate source of news. If you do that's fine, enjoy your reading, I do not.

2. I do not believe Bob Baffert cheats. I have heard no comment from Baffert on this topic and until I do I am going to give the man who has over four decades of honorable service in the industry the benefit of the doubt.

3. The CHRB is not subject to you, the NY Times or anyone else. There is no national governing body of horse racing in America. The CHRB does not owe you any transparency into their process. They made a decision. Decisions like this are made every day. I'm not sure why it is necessary they are made public. I certainly don't believe they should.

4. I again ask, what is the purpose of this story? There is no one who can hold the CHRB accountable. There is no allegation of performance enhancement. Is someone trying to smear Baffert? This to me is the actually interesting part.
Author of The Third Bride and Bloodflowers, Breeder of Horses, Painter of Miniature Armies
tyedye View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
Pye Guy

MBP : 174.00
  Quote tyedye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by waremblem5

I generally get along with everyone but some posters in this thread quite clearly demonstrate what is wrong with the radical left in America and around the world. Instead of being able to discuss topics they insist that anyone who doesn't agree with them is a xenophobic, misogynist, racist and must be shouted down. They then resort to personal attacks. It's a playbook all too familiar in 2019. If I have been unclear let me summarize:

1. I do not accept the NY Times as a legitimate source of news. If you do that's fine, enjoy your reading, I do not.

2. I do not believe Bob Baffert cheats. I have heard no comment from Baffert on this topic and until I do I am going to give the man who has over four decades of honorable service in the industry the benefit of the doubt.

3. The CHRB is not subject to you, the NY Times or anyone else. There is no national governing body of horse racing in America. The CHRB does not owe you any transparency into their process. They made a decision. Decisions like this are made every day. I'm not sure why it is necessary they are made public. I certainly don't believe they should.

4. I again ask, what is the purpose of this story? There is no one who can hold the CHRB accountable. There is no allegation of performance enhancement. Is someone trying to smear Baffert? This to me is the actually interesting part.

1. This would be fine if there weren't already clear, relevant, pertinent facts available. This wasn't entirely an opinion article. Regardless of the potential spin, the necessary facts can be gleaned.

2. Good for Bobby B. Do you know anything about his assistant trainer, grooms, hotwalkers?

3. Um, it's subject to the general public (at least in CA) since it is a government agency. Does it not owe the CA public proper due diligence in its dealings? Again here you treat CHRB as if it should be infallible. That's absolutely inappropriate.

4. To shine a light on some clear irregularities that would NOT be given to the common person? It is amazing how hard it is for someone in the general majority to accept situations as clearly bias and unusual...unless of course it happens directly to them.
-----------------------------

Join the EWC! We give you FREE credits just for posting on our message board! http://eastwest.freehostia.com/
bigblueracing View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.40
  Quote bigblueracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 6:07pm
I listened to the reporter who broke the story today on a radio station here in Louisville. Rather shady that two of the members on the California Horse Racing Board, who essentially threw out the the failed results, have ties to Baffert.

Heard MicK Ruis is now suing since he finished second with Bolt d’Oro in the Santa Anita Derby that year. I'm sure other will follow? Another black eye for the sport smh

I like this TyeDye guy by the way ;)
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

Quote waremblem5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:11pm
Baffert said in a statement Thursday that he "unequivocally" rejects the implication he'd give Justify or any other horse Scopolamine. "Damn shame this great horse, connections and me have to be put through all this," Baffert said in a separate text message to The Associated Press. "It was obvious environmental contamination. It's been a known problem in California." Baffert said Justify passed drug tests in Kentucky, Maryland and New York on the way to the Triple Crown and called on those states' testing agencies to "immediately release information related to Justify's test results" there. "Justify is one of the finest horses I've had the privilege of training and by any standard is one of the greatest of all time," Baffert said. "I am proud to stand by his record and my own."

Thank you, Bob. I take the man at his word.
cadet View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
1000% right

MBP : 88.90
  Quote cadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:49pm
I’m less concerned with did or didn’t Bob cheat... I’m more interested in finding out if more horses tested positive. Can this be used as a masking agent?

And can we please have a legit governing body Making consistent decision on a sport that people gamble on internationally.

My eyes were opened big time with the news of Masochistic being DQ in the Breeders Cup for steroids (or something similar). That it’s actually legal to give to horses as long as they are given ample withdrawal time.

I’d like to know if it’s possible that you can give a horse steroid or something similar ( designer) that would provide benefits over 4 months and maybe hide such drug with Jimsyn Weed?

I find it hard to believe that with out a powerful central body that horse racing is totally clean.

Right or wrong Waremblems comments “I trust bob cause he said he didn’t cheat” reminds me a lot of the baseball players in front of congress saying they didn’t take steroids. Or Lance or any number of Olympian’s etc etc etc...
Enjoys Saratoga in August
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>