eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Auction system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jm23stable View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 5.30
  Quote jm23stable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auction system
    Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:06pm
So am I the only one who doesn't like the way the auction works here? Meaning, If the auction has a 1 day time limit on it and it's down to 5 min and I make a bid, the auction extends to 1 full day now.. What's the purpose of it extending 1 full day? I also think this way, some bids just get out of hand for horses that aren't worth that much. I'd like to see auctions be like real auctions, give it a time limit and there's no time extensions. highest bidders wins at end of the regular time. yes/no??
cadet View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
1000% right

MBP : 88.70
  Quote cadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:17pm
No, not really fair to do real time auctions when you have players all over the world.
Enjoys Saratoga in August
beerkeg View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 10.40
  Quote beerkeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:36pm
This also hurts when a horse sells for $50 but was extended 2-3 times making the farm costs way more than the additional bids.

Maybe reduced time limit changes could be helpful. Along with removing farm costs for auction horses... or at least for ones listed for under a certain amount.
marmac View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 13.40
  Quote marmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by cadet

No, not really fair to do real time auctions when you have players all over the world.
...and some folks can spend much more time logged in than others. The sim has it's shortcomings, this isn't one of them IMO.
cbxtra94 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.10
  Quote cbxtra94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by beerkeg

This also hurts when a horse sells for $50 but was extended 2-3 times making the farm costs way more than the additional bids.

Maybe reduced time limit changes could be helpful. Along with removing farm costs for auction horses... or at least for ones listed for under a certain amount.

This I very much agree with.

I feel like maybe adding a whole day to extended bids is too much. Maybe only add 6-10 hrs per bid 🤷🏽‍♀️

I also wish there was an option to eventually sell a broodmare after you have bred her a few times.
beerkeg View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 10.40
  Quote beerkeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 3:58pm
There is the option of putting in your max big ahead of time (if you're not able to make it in time). So the real question would be whether to extend or not, and by how much time. And this would be more whether you want protection from auction sniping at the last second.
sremelaa View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.10
  Quote sremelaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 4:46pm
I agree in some ways. I think for the initial bid it should not add time. If you are the only one bidding there might be a reason. That said once someone else bids I like the adding of lots of time. So I would say the second or more bids should add a day but the first bid should not add any time.
marmac View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 13.40
  Quote marmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by sremelaa

I agree in some ways. I think for the initial bid it should not add time. If you are the only one bidding there might be a reason. That said once someone else bids I like the adding of lots of time. So I would say the second or more bids should add a day but the first bid should not add any time.
Perfect, now comes the hard part, selling Mike.
summerset View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 14.90
  Quote summerset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 7:38pm
I would think a 6 hour extension should be plenty for all.
cvbear View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 194.30
  Quote cvbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by marmac

Perfect, now comes the hard part, selling Mike.
By the pound? Not sure anyone'd get rich on that.
CVBear Stables: 2012 Sprint Champion Tolleson, 2018 Sprint Champion Auditorium, 2016 BB Dirt Mile winner River Of Doubt, Grade I winners Jesus Walks, Nights On Broadway, Sashay Shantay, and more!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>